Have you downloaded the official Janis App?
A night with Janis Joplin is coming to San Francisco June 7th - July 2nd at the American Conservatory Theater. Get your ticket to relive the magic of Janis Joplin: http://found.ee/ANWJJinSF
Janis will be featured on the Record Store Day exclusive vinyl release, Dogfish Head Presents: Music To Drink Beer To (3rd Edition)! In addition to Big Brother & The Holding Company, this limited-edition compilation features legends such as Nina Simone, Willie Nelson, Elvis Presley + more!
he record was put together by longtime friends Sam Calagione of Dogfish Head and Adam Block of Sony Music’s Legacy Recordings, who sat down over a few beers and a stash of well-worn vinyl and picked some of their favorite tracks from the Legacy catalog.
1. Strawberry Letter 23 - Shuggie Otis
2. Some Say - Nina Simone
3. Guitar Man - Elvis Presley
4. Heartaches By the Number - Waylon Jennings
5. The Party’s Over - Willie Nelson
1. Beer, Beer, Beer - The Clancy Brothers
2. Down On Me – Big Brother & The Holding Company
3. Down Drinking At The Bar - Loudon Wainwright III
4. Mellow Yellow - Donovan
5. Cerveza - Boots Brown and his Blockbusters
6. Ooh Child - The Five Stairsteps
You can pick up your copy on April 22, 2017. Find your local record store here: Recordstoreday.com!
We’d go to this old coast guard shack- a tiny little building... We used to sit up [on the roof] with a candle, a bottle of Jim Beam, a couple of Cokes and sit around [talking]. We were up there one day and someone said, ‘I wish we had a record player,’ and I said, ‘I can sing.
Janis talking about the moment she first discovered she could sing.
48 years ago Kozmic Blues band opened at Winterland in San Francisco.